Syndicate Of Truth (SoT)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Syndicate Of Truth (SoT)

We are the Syndicate Of Truth--a guild in Guild Wars 2 .

| Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/syndicateoftruth/ |
| Teamspeak: 216.12.220.162:10004 |
| Check out our New Ranks and Rules! Don't forget to apply if you want to be an Officer! |
| Join us for Guild Bounties every Sunday, 3am server time |

2 posters

Wintersday

Kasaeva
    Kasaeva
    Admin
    Admin

Wintersday Empty Wintersday

Post by Kasaeva Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:58 pm

There aren't any stories here so I thought I'd share one I wrote back during the Wintersday events. Enjoy! Smile

Wintersday

Kasaeva opened her eyes and pushed back the petals that made up her bed. She set her feet on the floor and giggled at the soft squish of the giant mushroom floor. She stretched and yawned before sliding out of bed and wandering over to the table. Tiny balls of light fell outside her window from the tree overshadowing her home. She picked up an apple from the basket of woven vines and wandered down the path from her home. The balls of light hit her and soaked into her green skin as she walked, munching on the apple. Soft petals grew out from her hips and shoulders, covering the sturdy plant material that made up her body. At the bottom of the path, she waved to her neighbors.

“Happy Wintersday, Kasaeva!” they called.
    She smiled, “Happy Wintersday to you too, Cedril and Levine!”
    “Have you heard the news?” Cedril asked excitedly.
    “No, what is it?” Kasaeva asked.
    “Lion’s Arch is putting on a big festival for the holidays!” Cedril said.
    “But that’s not all!” Levine put in. “Later today, Tixx the Toymaker is visiting the Grove! Can you believe it?”
    “Really? He’s going to be here?”
    “Yes! I’ve heard he’s bringing a special toy just for us Sylvari!”
    “Oh wow! I’d better hurry to Lion’s Arch then so I can be back here in time!”

Kasaeva waved goodbye and hurried off down the winding path to the main room. She ran out of the large tree that served as their home. She stopped under the archway leading up the path to dip up some nectar which she drank quickly. The nectar invigorated her and she raced up the path that wound through the Sylvarian city all the way to the Asura gate. She waved at the assistant as she passed through. She held her breath and squeezed her eyes tight. A moment later, the salty ocean air hit her face and she breathed deeply. She opened her eyes and gasped in wonder at what she saw. Snow covered the ground, candles, brightly wrapped gifts, and candy canes were scattered all over the place. She laughed and ran down the walkway.

As she came over the bridge from the rock where all the Asura gates stood, a snowball hit her in the face. She gasped at the sudden cold and looked around for the source of the snowball. A huge Norn was shaking with laughter and pointing at her. People nearby stopped to watch. She smiled sweetly and bent down, scooping up a handful of snow. She packed it tightly and then threw it with all her strength at the Norn. It broke over his open mouth. He stopped laughing and coughed up the snow. He spit it out and then looked up. “I strongly suggest you run,” he said slowly. Kasaeva smiled innocently and then broke into a run. The others picked up snowballs and began to run too and thus the snowball fight began. This went on for some time until a Lionguard ran up.
    “Stop! Don’t throw those at me!” he yelled. Kasaeva loosed another snowball catching an Asura in the ear. “Sylvari, Tixx has landed!” the Lionguard shouted. She turned to look at him and received three snowballs to the back of the head. “Tixx the Toymaker is in the Grove?” she shouted back.
    “Yes!”

Kasaeva and all the nearby Sylvari rushed back towards the Asura gate. She ran through the gate and breathed the familiar jungle air in deeply. “Where’s Tixx?” she asked the gate assistant between breaths.
    The gate assistant laughed, “Calm down. He’s just up the path.”

Kasaeva took off running. Hundreds of Sylvari crowded around the little Asura in the mushroom hut. “Come up to the Infinirarium!” Slowly, the crowd diminished as they traveled through the teleporter to Tixx’s ship. When Kasaeva’s turn came, she stepped into the teleporter boldly. At the top, she was greeted by Tixx himself. “Happy Wintersday, my dear Sylvari.” He handed her a box which she eagerly opened. Inside was a miniature Ventari, the venerated founder of her people. She laughed with delight and reached out to touch him. “Never let a wrong ripen into evil,” Ventari said. She gasped in surprise, “He talks!”
    “Of course he talks! What kind of toy doesn’t talk?” Tixx exclaimed.
    Kasaeva smiled, “He’s perfect. Thank you Tixx!”
    Kalyenne
    Kalyenne
    Regular Poster
    Regular Poster

Wintersday Empty Re: Wintersday

Post by Kalyenne Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Love it ^.^

Hope to see more stories here soon Very Happy

~Kalyenne

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:17 am